Just the perfect recipe for a dinner date, formal dinner of just any special event!
If you’re looking for a easy and quick recipe for a dinner of 2 or more, a fancy dinner date to surprise the love of your life or for just a quick and delicious dinner fix, this recipe is your rescue plan.
You can serve it with side dish like apple and mixed sprout salad, beet root and spinach salad or quinoa salad or any other salad from salad drop down menu. Or simply serve with bread and dips on side like cheese sauce and marinara sauce.
In this recipe we use 1 full lemon. juice of half and rest half sliced in thin slices and cooked with chicken. If you like a strong tartness, you can increase the lemon in the recipe. Capers used as salted-canned and washed before using. If you want to bake it, don’t cook chicken breasts completely and cook only 2 mins each side. I recommend using cast iron skillet so that you can transfer the whole dish in oven later. But if you don’t have one, you can transfer it in oven proof dish and bake (for approx 15 mins)
Here’s the recipe:
- Chicken Breasts: 400 gms
- Lemon: 1 (half juiced and half thinly sliced)
- Lemon zest: 1/2 lemon
- Capers: 2 tbsp
- Garlic (finely chopped): 3 cloves
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- White wine: 1 cup
- salt and pepper: to taste
- Clean the chicken breast. You can slit in half to speed up cooking process. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan. put 1 tbsp of butter and olive oil and put chicken breasts to cook.
- Cook for 3-4 mins on each side or till cooked completely.
- Take out from the pan.
- Add rest of the butter and olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Pour white wine and cook for 2-3 mins while scrapping continuously. If you’re using a non stick pan, make sure you a rubber/ silicon spatula to scrap.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Add capers and mix well.
- Put chicken breasts back in the pan, add lemon slices and cook for 2 mins so the chicken absorbs some of the sauce.
- Put lemon zest and mix lightly. Take off the flame.
- Serve hot along with salad or some bread!