Another in line with our sauce and dip series is: Cheese sauce or many of us call White sauce or Alfredo sauce.
Its one of the quickest and easiest and by far without most delicious and versatile sauce which can be used in pasta, lasagna, dip, spread with bread, steak or chicken, baked vegetables etc and it almost a hit with kids for its cheesy nature 🙂
For other sauces like marinara sauce, etc click on the respective links.
Without further ado, right to the recipe here:
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- all purpose flour: 1tsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- Cheddar shredded: 1/4 cup
- Parmesan grated: 1/4 cup
- salt and pepper: to taste
- Put a pan on flame. Add olive oil and butter. Make sure to put oil before or along with butter to prevent burning of butter.
- add flour and roast slightly till raw smell is gone. Add milk and stir quickly and make sure no lumps are there in the mixture.
- Add salt , pepper and cheddar and mix until cheese melts completely.
- Add Parmesan, mix and take off the flame.
- Pour it over your choice of favorite dish and savor!