Margaritas are my all time favorite drink and almost all tropical versions that I’ve tasted so far are amazing. It is also the most versatile drink as it can be blended with any fruit or flavor and results are almost always great!
I’ve so far tried classic margarita, raspberry margarita, strawberry margarita, mango chili margarita and passion fruit margarita and I can say with confidence all of them very delicious and very different from each other. Amongst other cocktails : rosemary infused Mai tai.
For Grapefruit margarita, you can use fresh grapefruit, you can also use strawberry flavoring or juice although I highly recommend using fresh ones instead of juice or artificial flavoring as it compromises the final taste. I’ve tried a spiked version of this recipe by adding a dash of jalapeno`. Results were simply out of the world!
- Tequila: 6 cl
- Triple sec: 3 cl
- Lime Syrup: 3 cl
- Grapefruit (fresh )or grapefruit juice: 3 cl
- Lime slice: 1 (to rim the glass) and 1 ( to garnish)
- Take a margarita glass and rub a lime slice around rim of the glass. Dip in salt plate (Try sugar in place of salt and see the difference! It’s Yum!!)
- If using fresh grapefruit, peel, muddle and sieve to make fresh juice.
- In a cocktail mixer, add tequila, triple sec, lime syrup, grapefruit juice and ice.
- Shake, shake, shake…
- Pour in glass and garnish with a lime slice or grapefruit peel.
- Serve immediately chilled.
2 Comments Add yours
Wow! Your photos are gorgeous 🙂 Makes me want a cocktail right about now.