Berry-licious start to the morning? This one is the much expected berry-twist to our breakfast jar series . One of the most common take on the rather humble overnight oats jar is not only popular but also easy to make and not to mention anti oxidant benefits it comes with.
I’ve used freshly prepared puree for berries available (strawberry, raspberry, black berry and blue berry). You can use whichever berries are available in your region fresh or an easier way would be to use berry jam (sugar free).
There are several methods to make the puree here, I although try to keep ingredients minimum hence, here there’e nothing else in my homemade puree but Berries! Yes, I simply put all the berries in a pan with little water in and let them cook and soften. You can add a dash of lemon juice for a tangy hint, I skipped as tartness of raspberry and strawberry was enough for me.
You can also add a honey in the end if you want to make it sweet although if your berries are ripen enough it will give its own sweetness which should be enough.
To make is recipe all you have to do is add a layer of berry-puree or jam in between layer of oats and yogurt. You can also add fresh cut berries or other fruits in between.
- Muesli/ oats: 2 tbsp
- Yogurt: 2 tbsp
- Chia seeds: 1 tsp
- Almond milk: 2 tbsp
- Fresh berry puree: 2 tbsp (or more if you wish!)
- Protein powder: 1 scoop (optional)
- Mix nuts
- Soak chia seeds in almond milk.
- Take a clean jar.
- Mix protein powder (if using) in yogurt.
- Start layering by putting oats, nuts, soaked chia, yogurt and puree.
- You can also add fresh fruits in between layers.
- Set in fridge for 20 mins or overnight.
- Garnish with fresh fruits or berries and dig in!