Ohh…. that’s a beaut!!
If you do not prefer pork, it can easily be replaced with minced chicken or beef, changing the cooking time accordingly.
To make the marinara sauce I used in this recipe: click here. You can substitute it with store bought/ canned/ your favorite marinara sauce. This basic recipe shared above is my personal favorite for lasagna and my kids simply love it in spaghetti. It’s a complete win in my home.
For cheese sauce recipe, click here. For a quicker option or if you do not have the ingredients for above recipe replace it a mix of ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and 1 egg.
Although, I highly recommend making everything at home, as canned or store bought sauces have lots of preservatives and high on both salt and sugar which is not just bad for health but also affects the taste and throws the overall flavor off balance.
Also, in this recipe, I’ve used lasagna sheets which are ready to use for baking. If the one you’re using is not the same, pre-cook as per box but be sure not to over cook. I would recommend not reaching Al-Dante as it will be further cooked in oven for 30-40 mins.
- Lasagna Sheets: 200gms/ approx 12-14 sheets with around 2 sheets per layer (6-7 layers)
- Marinara sauce: 2 cups
- Cheese sauce: 1 cup
- Cheddar cheese: as required
- Mozzarella: as required
- Parmesan grating: as required
- pork minced: 250gms
- minced garlic: 2-3
- onion finely chopped: 1 small
- oil: 2 tspn
- salt, chili powder/ paprika, cumin powder: as per taste
- coriander to garnish
- If lasagna sheets that you are using needs pre-cooking, put them to cook and make sure you cook them little less that al-dante.
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees.
- Heat a thick bottom pan, put some oil
- Add minced meat and cook for 3-4 mins. Add garlic and onion and cook for few more minutes. Add marinara sauce in the pan and cook for 2 more mins. Put off the flame.
- Take a over proof lasagna dish, put some pork gravy and spread it even.
- Place the sheets to cover the entire dish. Put some cheese sauce, pork gravy, shredded/ sliced cheddar and mozzarella. Keep layering to get around 6-7 layers.
- Finish top layer with more mozzarella and cheddar and Parmesan.
- Put it in oven and bake for 30-40 mins. If you’re using lasagna sheets that doesn’t need pre-cooking, make sure these are completely cooked before taking the dish out of the oven.
- When it is ready, tanned to perfection, take it out and leave for 5-10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with garden salad.
Let me know how this turns out for you also share your versions of lasagna in comments below!
Note: Every oven has different settings, keep checking your dish in between for done.