It’s another one of the most popular chutney in north Indian household. A very simple dip with bare minimum ingredients.
All it needs is soaked tamarind and jaggery and a little seasoning.
- Tamarind: 100gms
- Jaggery: 100gms
- Salt: 1tsp
- Red chillies powder: a pinch
- Cumin powder: a pinch
- Dried mint powder (optional): a pinch
- Soak tamarind and jaggery in 1 cup water for 2- 3 hours. If you want to speed up the process, slip it microwave and heat it for 7-8mins.
- Seive it to remove seeds or sticks.
- Take the seived pulp, add water if necessary. Add salt, chili powder and cumin powder and bring it to boil, either on flame or in microwave.
- Take out, let it cool and it’s ready.
One Comment Add yours