Nothing much is needed to be said the about importance of drinking adequate amount of water. It is a vital element needed by our body to perform every function. It is essential for digestion, bowel health, absorbing vitamins etc. Our body loses water in various ways like sweating, to maintain body temperature, digestion, flushing out toxins etc. If you work out, it is all the more important to keep the body hydrated.
So, when I started with my new fitness regime, i was told to increase my water intake to 5-6 litre. To be Honest, I assumed it to be one of the simplest thing in my fitness routine. Turns out it was not just one of the difficult but also most boring part of the whole regime. So I switched to infused water, also called detox water, flavored water, fruit infused water.,fruit flavored water etc.
And I am completely in love with them! Not just me, my whole family has started drinking it now. It’s like a healthy, zero calorie snacking 😉 It not just look colorful and refreshing, it tastes great. You can easily make it and keep it on your desk or if you are the one always on the go, you can buy one of those infuser bottles to keep yo u hydrated all day long.
It can made by mixing fruits, vegetables or herbs (or a combination) with water. One of simplest featured here is Lemon mint detox water.
- Take a few fresh leaves of mint and cut 1-2 slices of lemon.
- Add it in a pitcher full of water and let it rest for sometime.
- At least 2-4 hours should be given for infusion, you can also leave it overnight.
- Fruits/ vegetables can be used up to 2 days.
Drinking detox water has plenty of benefits. Here are a few:
- Keeps you well hydrated
- Provide various nutrients infused by fruits/ vegetables
- Helps flushes out toxins
- Helps in weight loss
- Refreshing flavor in water helps freshen up your mood too!
- Makes you feel fuller thereby help you eat less junk
Will keep you posted with a new infused water ideas!