One of the easiest and simplest recipe for pasta is pasta AEO or “aglio e olio” which translates literally to “garlic and oil” which are pretty much the basic ingredients for this recipe.
You can add dried chillies to add and enhance the taste and of course, you can add meat in any form like sausage, chorizo, etc. I’ve added minced chicken to take care of protein for me.
Since it’s a very simple and easy recipe with basic version needing just 3 other ingredients, it’s all the more important to use best quality ingredients to get the best results.
I highly recommend using best quality pasta and olive oil for the recipe.
I’ll be cooking the recipe in two parts, first pasta is cooking meat and second part is the real spaghetti aglio e olio. We will finally serve the two together.
- FOR SPAGHETTI A E O:
- Spaghetti: 100gms
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Dried chili (red): 1-2 (as per spice levels desired, optional)
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- FOR CHICKEN:
- Minced chicken : 100gms
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Salt and pepprika: as per taste
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Put spaghetti to boil in a big container. Cook as per instructions on packet and strain. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Firat cook chicken: In a pan, heat oil and add chopped garlic and cook for a minute. Add minced meat and coo for few minutes till chicken is cooked
- It should not take much time. Add salt and paprika and mix well. Take off the flame and keep aside.
- Now it’s time for pasta: In the same pan, heat olive oil and add chopped/ pressed garlic. Sautè for a minute and add chopped dried chillies. Sautè for another minute and add drained pasta and mix well to make sure olive oil coats the spaghetti uniformly. Add pasta water, salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Take it out in serving plate and serve while rolling the spaghetti in circles. Drizzle some more olive oil and place cooked chicken on it.
- Serve hot.